In this teaching, we will look at an aspect of Revival in the Church. It is one of the historic cornerstone teachings of the Church--it's the Blood of Jesus. I have included below a portion of my teaching titled "The Blood That Speaks!" This is not just a "prayer assignment," but also a way of making sure we lay a proper foundation for all our intercession. All of our intercession needs to center around the "Blood of Jesus!" So we are going to pray for the revelation of the Blood of Jesus to be granted to the Church!
What if we get it, if our spiritual leaders get it, and we apply it? Then we will truly have revival in the Church! So let's intercede for a fresh revelation concerning the shed Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ! Let's study about the Blood of Jesus and then let's pray for the Holy Spirit to breathe a revelation into all of our churches and ministries about this great truth.
Old Testament Type
The High Priest went into the holiest of all only once a year, and that was with the Blood of the Sacrifice on the Day of Atonement. There is no access into the presence of God without the shedding of sacrificial blood (see Hebrews 9:6-14).
The blood of the bullock and of the goat were sprinkled seven times in three places upon the mercy seat, in front of the mercy seat, and upon the horns of the brazen altar (see Leviticus 16:11-15, 18-19).
Seven Ways Christ's Blood Was Shed
1. Luke 22:44, "And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground." In Gethsemane, because He was willing to identify Himself with the sin of the world, His Blood began to flow in the drops of sweat.
2. Matthew 26:63-64, "But Jesus held His peace. And the high priest answered and said unto Him, I adjure Thee by the living God, that Thou tell us whether Thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of Heaven." His own testimony to the high priest convicted Him and so He was sentenced to death. The servants then struck Him with fists and rod (see also Micah 5:1).
3. Isaiah 50: 5-6, "The Lord God has opened My ear; and I was not disobedient, nor did I turn back. I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard, I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting." The hair of His beard was pulled out.
4. Matthew 27:26, "Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified." Christ gave His back to be scourged--"ploughed with long furrows" (see also Psalm 129:1-3, Isaiah 50:6).
5. Matthew 27:29, "And when they had plaited a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand: and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, 'Hail, King of the Jews!'"
Isaiah 52:13-14, "Behold My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up, and greatly exalted. Just as many were astonished at you, My people, so His appearance was marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men." These thorns (like long needles) were placed upon His head, then pressed down into His scalp losing the appearance of a human being.
6. Matthew 27:35, "And they crucified Him, and parted His garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: 'They parted My garments among them, and upon My vesture did they cast lots.'" They crucified Him, piercing His hands and feet with nails.
7. John 19:34, "But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out Blood and water." After death, the soldier pierced His side and blood and water flowed out.
Seven Ways Christ's Blood Avails for Us
There are many Scriptural benefits concerning what the Blood of Jesus has done for us. According to Revelation 12:11, "And they (the believers) overcame him (the accuser of the brethren) because of the Blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even to death." We overcome by testifying what the Blood of Jesus has accomplished. His triumph over the powers of darkness is enforced as we agree with and declare the benefits of His precious Blood.
According to Hebrews 12:24, Jesus has established a new covenant through His Blood interceding on our behalf to establish His Blood covenant with us. As Leviticus 17:11 says, "For the life of the flesh is in the Blood." In Christ's Blood, we receive life that death cannot conquer (see Isaiah 53:12; John 6:53-57).
The Seven Ways the Blood of Jesus Avails for Us
1. Forgiveness. I have been forgiven through the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 9:22, "All things are cleansed with the Blood and without the shedding of Blood there can be no forgiveness."
2. Cleansing. The Blood of Jesus has cleansed me from all sin. I John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." (See also 1 Peter 1:2.)
3. Redemption. I have been redeemed by the Blood of the lamb. Ephesians 1:7, "In Him we have redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace." (See also Romans 7:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19.)
4. Justification. By the Blood I am justified--just as if I have never sinned. Romans 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." (See also 2 Corinthians 5:21.)
5. Sanctification. I have been sanctified through Jesus' Blood for a holy calling and out of satan's territory by the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 13:12, "Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own Blood, suffered outside the gate."
6. Peace. Peace has been made for me through the Blood of the Cross. Colossians 1:20, "And having made peace through the Blood of His Cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in Heaven."
7. Access. I now have confidence to enter the most Holy Place by the Blood of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19, "Since therefore, brother, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the Blood of Jesus." (See also Ephesians 2:13-14.)
The Blood that Speaks
Let's take a quick glimpse at one of the most inspiring pictures of life on the other side that you'll ever find. Hebrews 12:22-24 depicts it this way:
Hebrews 12:22-24, "But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and Church of the first-born who are enrolled in Heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, and to Jesus, the Mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled Blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel."
These three insightful verses in Hebrews 12, describe to us a view inside the veil. Here we find, first of all, a description of God's dwelling place. Secondly, a picture is painted for us of those who dwell there with God. Lastly, we are given a presentation of God Himself. In this third phase we are shown: God as the Judge of all; Jesus as our Mediator; and the precious Blood which "speaks." Now what does that mean?
Let's go back to the Book of Beginnings and see if we can find a precedent. In Genesis 4, we find the account of the rivalry between brothers Cain and Abel. Cain became jealous, angry, and overcome by his emotions and sin which crouched at his door. While the two brothers were in the field together, Cain rose up and killed Abel. Genesis 4:9-10 tells us, "Then the Lord said to Cain, 'Where is your brother Abel?' And he said, 'I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?' And He said, 'What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground.'"
There is a principle that runs throughout the Scriptures, "Life is in the Blood" (Leviticus 17:11). Not only is there life in the Blood, but innocent blood when spilled seems to have a particular attribute. Innocent blood cries out! A voice coming from the blood of Abel and poured out upon the ground could be heard by the Lord. He came running to find out what was going on! Perhaps, Abel's blood was releasing a screech, "Vengeance, I want vengeance!" But before the presence of our Judge in Heaven, there is a Blood which speaks better than the blood of Abel. What does this Blood declare? The innocent Blood of Jesus is a continuous reminder before our Father of the sacrifice of His precious Son. The Blood of Jesus ever cries out, "Mercy! Mercy! Mercy be!"
The Blood Sprinkled Seven Times
Under the Law of Atonement, after the priest had ministered at the Altar of Incense, he would go beyond the veil into the most holy place. Here the priest would take some of the blood of the bull and goat and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat and on the horns of the altar, seven times each.
Leviticus 16:19 specifically states, "And with his finger he shall sprinkle some of the blood on it seven times, and cleanse it, and from the impurities of the sons of Israel consecrate it."
Why seven times? When you look closely at this set of Scriptures, you find many interesting things. The blood was sprinkled in three distinct locations seven times each. Some Bible teachers have taught that three is the number of the Godhead or Trinity and seven is the number of completion. This was a picture of what was yet to come. When the High Priest, Jesus, shed His Blood, He did a complete work! It was finished. The work of atonement had been perfectly accomplished through the Blood of this one man--the Lamb of God, Christ Jesus the Lord!
Closing Thoughts and Proclamations
As in Revelation 12:11, we overcome satan when we testify personally to what the word of God says the Blood of Christ does for us. Now to apply this practically, "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary (Psalm 107:2). Declare what the Blood of Jesus has done for you!
Hebrews 10:23 exhorts us to, "hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Don't let go! Continue to proclaim the benefits of the Cross of Christ. Perhaps the greatest, most powerful plea before God, the devil, and the world is--the Blood of Jesus. There is no more prevailing argument we can bring before the throne of God than the sufferings, Blood, and death of His Son. We have no merit of our own. We do not prevail by prayer technique or even past experience. There is no prayer "know how" that prevails. It is only through the Blood of Jesus.
Charles Spurgeon once said, "Many keys fit many locks, but the master key is the Blood and the name of Him that died and rose again, and ever lives in Heaven to save unto the uttermost. The Blood of Christ is that which unlocks the treasury of Heaven." Plead the Blood. Plead the Cross. Sing of the precious Blood of Jesus. Recite the Scriptures and enforce the victory over the power of darkness. Plead the Blood over and over again. Agree with Christ's triumphant cry, "It is finished."
Yes, we have been given divinely powerful weapons of warfare. Consider these weapons: the Cross, the Word of God, the power of the Spirit and the name of Jesus, and the Blood which speaks, "Mercy! Mercy! Mercy be!"
Prayer Proclamations: "By This I Overcome the Devil"--By Derek Prince
I testify to satan personally as to what the word says--
That the Blood does for me
Through the Blood of Jesus,
I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil
Through the Blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven
The Blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son,
Continually cleanses me from all sin
Through the Blood of Jesus I am sanctified,
Made holy, set apart to God
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit,
Redeemed, cleansed, by the Blood of Jesus Christ
Satan has no place in me, no power over me
Through the shed Blood of Jesus Christ.
Prayer: Let Us Cleanse Ourselves with the Blood of Jesus
Father, we cleanse our hands
With the Blood of Jesus.
We apply the Blood of Jesus to our eyes, Lord,
So that we might see into the Spirit realm
Clearly and with clarity.
We apply the Blood of Jesus to our ears,
To cleanse our ears out of any defilement,
Wickedness, garbage, gossip or slander
That has been poured into our ears,
So that we might hear clearly
What You are speaking to us.
We apply the Blood of Jesus
To our lips and to our tongue,
So that You would be able to cleanse us
Of those things that we have spoken
That really haven't been of You at all.
Father, we apply the Blood of Jesus
To our hearts and our minds
The heart being the production center of the soul
That produces all the emotions and thoughts.
So Father, we ask You to put the Blood of Jesus
On our hearts, our thoughts, and our emotions
And to cleanse our minds from the dead works
So that we might serve the living God.
Father, we apply the Blood of Jesus to our feet.
Cleanse us from the corruption in this world
And from the dust of the world.
Father, cleanse us of those places
In which we have walked
That really haven't been ordered of You.
Lord, we receive the words of the Bible that say,
"The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord."
We will have holy steps
Walking on that highway of holiness.
Praise You Lord, and we ask that you cleanse us from the tops of our heads to the soles of our feet.
Thank You, Lord.
James W. Goll