Walking in the power- Part 4
(All scripture is from the Amplified Version)
Father, in Jesus name thank you for the love you have for us. You created us for your enjoyment so we would come to you of our own free will. We thank you for the freedom we have in England to speak about Jesus and the ability to openly send the printed word you have given to us. May other countries have the same rich blessed freedom as we have in England.
Jesus, we give you thanks, praise and glory! Holy Spirit, I ask you to bring every person who is takinghold of your Word, the ability to receive the richness and fullness of your great love. In Jesus name, AMEN!
I hope and pray each of you received a blessing as you looked at 1 John 4 and you were able to graspGOD IS LOVE! God gave us HIMSELF in Jesus coming to die for us. We are now able to come to Him in the sure, certain, confident, love knowing that we are accepted as part of His family.
There are not strings attached to this love. We are asked to accept it by FAITH. Faith in the shed blood of Jesus at the cross. We do not achieve this acceptance alone. God through the Holy Spirit give us the measure of faith through His grace. Ephesians 2:8 “For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;
Romans 10:17 takes over “So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself)."
It is the Word, Christ Jesus in us that will bring us to a place of success and His joy will be in us. We will also become a vessel fit for the Master’s use as the Word will sort us out. It will bring us to a place of completeness in Jesus. Hebrews 4:12 “For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."
Hebrews reminds us that if we make a decision to study and meditate on the Word it is busy in us. It does things in us. It is described to us:
A) The WORD REVEALS to us.
B) The WORD is QUICK /ALIVE - Psalm 147:15 “He sends forth His commandment to the earth; His word runs very swiftly.”
C) The WORD is POWERFUL! - Isaiah 55:11 “So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
D) The WORD is SHARP / PIERCING - Acts 2:37 “Now when they heard this they were stung (cut) to the heart, and they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles (special messengers), Brethren, what shall we do?”
We need to repent of not spending time with Christ Jesus, the Anointed Word, and put ourselves rightwith our Lord now. It is written (1 John 1:9) “If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess oursins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismissour lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformityto His will in purpose, thought, and action].”
We then have the freedom to go on with Him and walk in His anointing.
The Word will sort us out, uprooting the sin in our lives, getting rid of unbelief and bring us intoFAITH, as described in Hebrews 11:1 “NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality[faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]."
None of this is done through our senses, but rather it is all done by faith! We can look at seven results of the Word at work within us:
1. It changes lives - 1 Peter 1:23 ‘You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God.”
2. It produces faith in your life - Romans 10:17 “So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).”
3. It changes life - Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her, So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word"
4. It builds life - Acts 20:32 “And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]. It is able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God's set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul).”
5. It makes you wise - Psalm 119:98 “You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me.”
6. It brings peace - Psalm 85:8 “I will listen [with expectancy] to what God the Lord will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints (those who are in right standing with Him)--but let them not turn again to [self-confident] folly.” And Psalm 119:65 “You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your promise.”
7. It gives power over sin - Psalm 119:11 “Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.”
We can now begin to understand what Jesus wants in our life. It is victory and prosperity in every area of our lives, so that we are no longer downtrodden and taking offense. Neither are we wounded by the sins for which we want to hold on. This is the victory that Jesus bought for us on the cross. He took all our sins and healed all of our diseases. He brought us back into right standing with God. We become sons of God because we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. By faith in Him and His shed blood, we are reconciled to God. We can receive (by faith) the anointing that comes with the Word. IT IS THE POWER OF THE WORD UNDER THE INSPIRATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT BRINGS THE ANOINTING. We need to constantly be washed in the Word on a daily basis to be able to walk and talk in love. To love our neighbour as we love ourselves. Matthew 22:38-39 “This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.”
This level of love can only be achieved through allowing the Word of God to live in you and a willingness to yield to what God says in His Word.
Let us Pray: (Ephesians 3:14-21)
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations,
for ever and ever! Amen